Find care and support

Adult and carers support services - Reading Services Guide

We might be able to support you if you are:

  • struggling with a disability or having trouble living independently
  • caring for an adult or disabled child

The support we offer - and whether you have to pay towards care and support - is based on your individual situation. 

We work with approved suppliers to provide care for those who need it. The companies we work with are ranked on our pdf icon Home Care Framework list [186kb] and pdf icon Supported Living Accreditation Select list [28kb] by the quality of their care and the price of their services.

If you have care needs, please complete our online Care and Assessment Form, or download and complete a pdf icon Care and Support Assessment Form [329kb].


This service offers up to six weeks of intensive support and therapy in your own home to help you regain all, or most, of your independence following an illness or injury. The service is free and available to Reading adults who have been assessed as likely to benefit from the service, and who are registered with - or are willing to register with - a GP.

pdf icon Reablement leaflet [104kb]

Adapt your home

You could apply for a grant if you cannot use essential facilities in your home because of your disability. If you are not eligible for the grant, contact us for a free assessment.

If you are struggling with things like food shopping or cooking and need help around your home, see our services guide for a range of options.

Care homes

If you are struggling and thinking about moving to a care home, call us at 0118 937 3747 for advice.

Information on housing options and care homes - Reading Services Guide

Information on care homes - Care Quality Commission

Information on paying for care home accommodation and when we can help with funding

Care Quality Commission inspection results for our registered adult social care services.

Independent information and advice about care 

We work with My Care My Home to make sure people can access independent information and advice - this includes:

  • Providing information and advice about care and support options
  • Referrals to regulated financial services to help plan funding for care

The advice My Care My Home provide is free to Reading residents. They will always explain any charges for services they refer people to. Call 0800 731 8470 or email


Providers - or prospective providers - of care and support should read our pdf icon Market Position Statement [1Mb].


Concessionary travel

Blue Badges

How we're doing

pdf icon Local Account [1Mb]

Switch To High Contrast Mode