General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). View our latest privacy notices.‚Äč

Join our Citizens' Panel to share your views on issues and services.

What do we need to do on the day of my Play Streets event?

You will need to provide appropriate signs and barriers. There also needs to be at least one adult marshal for each highway onto the road.

You should make sure that it is still possible for people to drive into or out of the road during the closure period.  An adult marshal should walk in front of any vehicles that need to enter or leave.

You need to make sure at least 3.7m along the length of the road is left clear to enable an emergency vehicle access, if necessary.

You must make sure you return the road to its prior condition before reopening it.

The Street Party Site and Playing Out have further information.

Switch To High Contrast Mode