The Planning Portal
To submit a planning application electronically, access the Planning Portal website. Until 6th April 2008: Associated plans and documents may be submitted electronically but only up to original A3 size. Otherwise paper copies MUST be supplied. Payment can be made online by following the 'Pay Online' link below, by cheque - payable to 'Reading Borough Council', by debit/credit card at the Cash Office or Planning/Building Control Reception in the Civic Centre.
The Planning Portal is intended to be the first point of call for anyone who wants to find out about the planning system in England and Wales. It is aimed at everyone, from central government and local authorities to planning professionals and the lay person.
For example, through the planning portal you can:
- read the latest planning news
- determine if planning permission is required and how you go about obtaining it
- access the development plans, regulations and guidance notes upon which the application and appeal procedures are based
- find out about planning in your local area
- Maps, Plans & Planning Applications. What to submit. A best practice guide. View pdf document below..
- Buy a plan. Every planning application needs a site location plan and block plan showing the location and boundaries of the site you are planning to work on. You can use the Planning Portal’s ’Buy a Plan’ service to ensure that you meet our requirements, whether you are a planning professional or first-time applicant. Click on "Buy a Plan" link at bottom of page
Reading Borough Council Links
The websites below are administered by Reading Borough Council and provide further information on services.
|payments.reading.gov.uk||Pay Online: Reading Borough Council secure payments online
Reading Borough Council does not necessarily endorse or recommend any of the links or services below. Please note: when you follow these links you will leave this site.
|planningportal.gov.uk||www.planningportal.gov.uk: The Planning Portal Website
|planningportal.gov.uk||Buy a plan: Buy a plan service
Did you find this page useful? Please rate below.
Save this page to My Reading
Share this page on social networks