Reading may experience "heatwave" conditions over the next few days. View our page on heatwave advice here.
We have to keep your personal information confidential and process it fairly. This means being clear about what information we hold, who we share it with and how you can see it.
Accessing your data
Complete our subject access request form if you want to see the information we hold about you. There is a small charge for this.
Social care records
Complete our request form [216kb] if you want to see your social care records - we will contact you to discuss the request. It can sometimes take 40 days or more to get the permission we need to share this data.
Sharing your data
We share information between council services, external organisations like the Home Office and with the Audit Commission. This is to prevent crime - we never disclose data unless it is lawful to do so.
Use and protection of data
Different Council departments use different systems to manage and monitor their services and have produced Fair Processing (or Privacy) Notices to set out how they use and protect your personal information:
- Adult Social Care: Financial Assessment and Benefits Fair Processing Notice [73kb]
- Adult Social Care: Fair Processing Notice [63kb]
- Data Protection: Children and Families [60kb]
- Privacy Notice: Schools & Other Settings and Children in Receipt of Social Care [70kb]
- Data Protection: Council Tax [34kb]
- Data Protection: Electoral Registration [37kb]
- Housing Services: Fair Processing Notice. [48kb]
- Drug and Alcohol Team: Fair Processing Notice [36kb]
- Troubled Families Privacy Notice [118kb]
- National Fraud Initiative Fair Processing Notice [11kb]
- FOI Fair Processing Notice
Some of our departments produce notices explaining how they use and protect your data.
In this area
- Corporate Plan 2016 - 19
- Public Registers
- Dignity in Care Charter
- Data protection
- Public Notices & Compulsory Purchase Orders
- Borough profile
- Freedom of information (FOI)
- Education Budgets & Funding
- Transport Schemes & Projects
- Budget Reports
- The Constitution of the Council
- Statement of Accounts
- Public Health
- Council Spending Over £500
- Report to the Office of the School Adjudicator
- Staff Structure & Salaries
- Local Government Transparency Code VCS Grants Database
- Strategies, Plans & Policies
- Tenant Satisfaction & Performance
- Strategies and Policies - Children, Young People and Families
- Local Government Transparency - Contracts