Data protection

We have to keep your personal information confidential and process it fairly. This means being clear about what information we hold, who we share it with and how you can see it.

Accessing your data

Complete our subject access request form if you want to see the information we hold about you. There is a small charge for this.

Social care records

Complete our pdf icon request form [239kb] if you want to see your social care records - we will contact you to discuss the request. It can sometimes take 40 days or more to get the permission we need to share this data.

Sharing your data

We share information between council services, external organisations like the Home Office and with the Audit Commission. This is to prevent crime - we never disclose data unless it is lawful to do so.

Use and protection of data

Different Council departments use different systems to manage and monitor their services and have produced Fair Processing (or Privacy) Notices to set out how they use and protect your personal information: 

Some of our departments produce notices explaining how they use and protect your data. 


Switch To High Contrast Mode