Fundraising Advice for Local Groups
If you are a not-for-profit organisation working in Reading for the benefit of the local community, we can offer you help on how to search for funding from Charitable Trusts and Foundations and the National Lottery.
Applying for external funding
You will need to explain to potential funders why your project is worth backing. Before applying you should think about:
- why your project is needed
- who will benefit from your project
- what will change because of your project
- why your organisation is best placed to deliver the project
- what you will need to run the project
- how you will measure the success of the project
- what you will do when current funding runs out
The Institute of Fundraising offers useful tips on writing a good fundraising strategy.
We have partnered with Reading Voluntary Action (RVA) to deliver funding and sustainability advice. We recommend you complete RVA's Fundability Healthcheck before applying for funding.
We outline a selection of current funding opportunities in our free monthly publication, Funding Digest. If you are a Reading-based voluntary and charitable organisation you can subscribe by making a funding information request.
Reading 4 Community
Reading 4 Community is a free funding search website for not-for-profit organisations in Reading.
Follow us on Twitter for regular funding related information.
In this area
- Reading Armed Forces Community Covenant
- Fundraising Advice for Local Groups