For licences expiring over the Christmas/New Year period, make sure you apply in good time as Civic Offices close for Christmas and New Year period on 22 December.
We will be available by phone on 22 & 27 - 29 December, from 9am to 1pm.
Collection of plates will only be at 2 to 2.15pm on 27 - 29 December, from the rear of the Civic Offices.

Gambling premises licence

If you want to run a betting shop, betting track, bingo premises, casino or gaming centre in Reading your must complete an pdf icon application form [113kb], a plan of the premises and pay the pdf icon appropriate fee [48kb].

You will have to serve a copy of your application to:

  • Licensing, Planning, Environmental Protection and Safe Guarding Children's Board in Reading Borough Council
  • the Gambling Commission
  • Thames Valley Police's Licensing Officer
  • Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service
  • HM Revenue and Customs

You will have to meet certain requirements, let people know about the application in the local newspaper and as a notice on the property's frontage, and allow time (28 days from application) for public feedback to your request before you can get your licence.

Before applying you should read our pdf icon licensing policy statement [1Mb]. We require you to produce a local area risk assessment and details on how the applicant will promote the licensing objectives.


Switch To High Contrast Mode