Land Charges Register
Land Charges searches are carried out when buying land or property, usually by a solicitor or licensed conveyancer.
- two up-to-date plans for search
- solicitors cheque for full searches
- completed LLC1 and CON29 forms x2 (the law society holds the copyright to the form, which can be obtained from authorised suppliers)
You can email any highways questions on CON29 2a, 3.4a, e and f to email@example.com .
HMRC have advised that VAT (at 20%) is payable on CON29 searches.
|Search||Current fee||Fee from 1/4/2017|
|Requisition LLC1 only||£29.00||£29.00|
|Standard enquiries CON29 only||£80.00||£96.00|
|LLC1 & CON29||£109.00||£125.00|
|CON29O Q4-21||£12.00 each||£14.40 each|
- Additional parcel of land - £20 (LLC1 £5, CON29 £15) - no restriction on number and a maximum charge equivalent to 20 extra parcels
- Personal searches - see below
You must pay for searches at the time of ordering - we cannot carry out a search until the appropriate fee has been paid.
Complete and return your form by post/DX to the Land Charges section, Civic Offices, Bridge Street, Reading RG1 2LU or DX 40124 Castle Street, Reading. You need to include a plan and the fee for the search. If you prefer, you can email the completed form and plans to firstname.lastname@example.org and post the payment to us.
We will give you your search results within an average of five working days of receiving your request and fee.
You can get copy documents from the Land Charges department - by letter or email.
There is a standard charge of £20 per document for:
- Section 106 Agreement/further agreement/deed of variation/unilateral undertaking
- Section 52 Agreement
- Section 38 Agreement / S278 Agreement
- Compulsory Purchase Order
- Tree Preservation Order
There are sometimes additional costs, we will advise the customer of these before proceeding.
There is a standard charge of £10 per document for an Enforcement Notice.
If you want to make a personal search you should phone 0118 937 2363 to make an appointment. We arrange appointments for Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays - 10am to 12pm, 2pm to 4pm. When booking your appointment you should give us at least 48 hours notice and send us the appropriate address and site plan for the search.
Fees for personal searches
|Copy method||Fee - per document|
|Hand-copying of register||Free|
|Copy of register||£2|
|Emailed copy of register||£4|