We will be closed for all non-essential services for the Christmas and New Year period. Find out more on our Christmas information page.

Fire safety advice for residents living in high-rise buildings also see information for Fire Safety in Reading Residential Tower Blocks

Learning disability services

Support is available for people with severe learning disabilities/difficulties.

This can include support to:

  • find somewhere to live
  • go to school or college or work
  • meet new friends
  • take part in sports and other activities
  • find a day service
  • access health services

Find support services for people with learning difficulties

Housing options

Supported living - the person you care for may be able to live on their own in a flat or in a group home with the support they need to maintain a tenancy, manage their money and develop independent living skills.

Shared Lives Scheme - the person you care for may be able to live with a Shared Lives Carer who supports them to develop independent living skills.
If the person you care for has complex needs a residential or nursing care home for people with learning disabilities may be an option.

Royal Berkshire Hospital (RBH)

The Senior Nurse/Learning Disability Coordinator can help make hospital visits easier for you and the person you care for. For more information call 0118 322 8159.

In this area

Switch To High Contrast Mode