If it's Yours, Claim it!
Are you over 60? If so you may be missing out on money you are entitled to!
Based on national rates of under-claiming, we estimate that up to 6,500 older people in Reading are not getting the Pension Credit, Council Tax Support or Attendance Allowance they are eligible for.
As a part of our "Tackling Poverty in Reading" Campaign we are encouraging people to come along to our free advice sessions to find out more.
- The Age UK Reading "Pop-In" at the Civic Centre on 26 June from 9.30 to11.30 - the advice session will be held 11.30-12.30
- The Older Peoples Working Group Meeting at the Civic Centre on 4 July from 2 to 4pm - the advice session will be held from 1 to 2pm
- New Directions in Archway Road, Caversham on 1 July - appointments are available between 10am and 1pm. Call 0118 937 3448 to book.
- Caversham Library, Church Street, Caversham on 10 July and 17 July - drop in anytime between 10am and 1pm or call 0118 937 3448 to book an appointment
- Amersham Road Community Centre, Caversham on 25 July - drop in anytime between 10.30am and 1.30pm or call 0118 937 3448 to book an appointment
More Information and Advice
To find out if you are eligible for Council Tax Support and make a claim visit our online benefit calculator or call 0118 937 3737.
To claim or find out more about Pension Credit, visit www.gov.uk/pension-credit or call 0800 99 1234
To claim or find out more about Attendance Allowance, visit www.gov.uk/attendance-allowance or call 0345 605 6055.
To find out what other benefits you may be entitled to visit www.entitledto.co.uk
Use the links below to contact local agencies who offer practical advice and support to help you claim the benefits you may be entitled to.