Referral to our Young Carers' Project
Reading Young Carers' Project has devised the following criteria to ensure that the project provides a service for the highest number of young people that it is able to, whilst ensuring that only those entitled receive it.
The young person must:
- be between 5 ½ and 19 years old
- live in the Reading Borough Council area
- be providing an inappropriate level of support on a regular basis to an adult who is unable to fulfil personal care tasks or other family roles and responsiblities because of a physical or mental illness, substance or alcohol misuse
- because of the adult's need for support, be providing care to siblings
- be providing care for siblings who have disabilities and require high levels of support.
Generally, we will only accept a CAF referral for the young carers' project. A link to the CAF page which contains the form, is available at the top right of this page. However if you as a family, or the family you are referring do not consent to a CAF, please contact the project to discuss other options.
Did you find this page useful? Please rate below.
Save this page to My Reading
Share this page on social networks