Our site search is temporarily unavailable due to maintenance work. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.

Sensory needs services

If you or the person you care for is deaf, deafblind, hard of hearing, blind, or visually impaired contact the Sensory Needs Team.

A social care worker will arrange to visit you at home to carry out a specialist assessment to see what help you need to help you cope with a sensory disability.

Depending on the outcome of this assessment they may:

  • offer practical tips, advice and information
  • provide specialist equipment to help you maintain your independence
  • offer specialist training
  • tell you about specialist support groups
  • add your name to the register for people with sensory impairments and explain the benefits of becoming registered.

If you have other care and support needs they may support you through the assessment process.

For more information call on 0118 937 613.

Switch To High Contrast Mode