As of 1 March 2017 telephone enquiries for the licensing team will only be available from 9am to 1pm, Monday to Friday. Email for urgent enquiries.

Skip Permits

You will need a permit if you wish to place a builder's skip on any part of the public highway.

You must hire a skip from a skip operating company registered with the Council -they will apply for a permit on your behalf.

Placing a skip in your garden or driveway

You won't need a permit to place a skip on your property.

To register a company

If you wish to register your company to place skips on roads in the Borough please email

Switch To High Contrast Mode