We will be closed for all non-essential services for the Christmas and New Year period. Find out more on our Christmas information page.

Fire safety advice for residents living in high-rise buildings also see information for Fire Safety in Reading Residential Tower Blocks

Supported learning, training and working


Most colleges provide specialist courses and/or support to help people with disabilities.

Find courses

Help with costs

  • 24+ Advanced Learning Loans - Loans available to pay course fees for people over 24 years attending an eligible course (level 3 or 4 /A level)
  • Bursary Fund - Help with some costs while studying - like classroom assistance, childcare and travel.

Further details on advanced learning loans - GOV.UK

Training and working

Help with costs

If you have a disability, health or mental health condition, you may be able to apply for an Access to Work grant to pay for practical support to help you start working, stay in work, move into self-employment or start a business. 

Jobcentre Plus

Specialist disability employment advisers providing advice and support to help people with disabilities into work.

Visit Adelphi House (Friar Street, Reading RG1 1HD) or call 0845 604 3719.


Specialist advice and support for young people with special needs up to the age of 25 years.

Visit Elevate Reading Hub, (Reading Central Library, Abbey Square, Reading RG1 3BQ), or call 0845 408 5060 / 0118 402 7177.

Switch To High Contrast Mode