Coronavirus (COVID-19) local information and advice:

Advice and how our services are affected

One Reading Community Hub Support

Advice for business

NHS help with care costs

If you need ongoing care and support from both health and social care professionals as a result of disability, accident or illness you may be able to get NHS continuing healthcare. This could cover care in your own home or in a nursing home.

You may qualify for NHS-funded nursing care if you live in a care home that is registered to provide nursing care and you don't qualify for NHS continuing healthcare, but you have been assessed as needing care from a registered nurse.

The NHS makes those payments directly to your care home to fund care from registered nurses who are usually employed by the care home.

More information:

Switch To High Contrast Mode