Please note that due to essential maintenance, some of our online services will not be available between 5pm on Friday 18th September and Monday morning 21st September. We apologise for any inconvenience.


Carer's Assessment

Adults providing unpaid care to other adults

A Carer's Assessment is an opportunity to focus on how caring affects you, and any help you need to support you in your caring role and protect your health and wellbeing.

If the person you care for has a social care assessment or review, you should be invited to take part - if you and the person you care for agree - and to have a carer's assessment at the same time. This assessment can be done by the social worker allocated to support the person you care for.

If you prefer to have an individual assessment to assess your caring role, you can contact the Carers Hub on 0118 324 7333 or

What happens next

After a Carer's Assessment, you may be offered:

  • advice and support to help you manage caring and look after your own health
  • information about local organisations and groups supporting carers
  • support to put services in place for you or the person you care for

Support for Parent Carers and Young Carers

Brighter Futures for Children supports children under 18 years who have extra responsibilities at home because of a disabled sibling or parent with support needs, and also parents caring for disabled children. You can contact them on 0118 937 3641 or at

Switch To High Contrast Mode