Charity collection licence

Covid-19 update

Street collections

Due to the social distancing rules of 2 metres we are currently unable to issue any charity collection permits. These restrictions mean that it would not be possible to carry out fundraising on the street. Please see The Fundraising Regulator for their advice on this.

House to House charity collections

Permits for direct debit house to house collections are also currently suspended due to social distancing.

If you want to collect for charity on the street or door-to-door, you must complete our online house-to-house collections application form or street collection application form.

You should contact the licensing team at least one month before your proposed street collection/house-to-house collection date date to discuss available dates. All applications should be accompanied with a letter of authority from the charity you are collecting for.

Please read out regulation documents:

pdf icon House to House Collections Act 1939 [41kb]

pdf icon Street collection regulations [69kb]

Please note:

  • it is an offence to collect money - or goods for resale - for charity without a valid permit
  • no permit will be issued if the Form of Statement has not been submitted for the previous collection.
Switch To High Contrast Mode