Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Services
Staff with responsibility for use of a fire extinguisher or fire blanket in the event of a fire.
The course provides instruction and practical experience in the competent and confident use of portable fire extinguishers and awareness of fire risk and preventive measures.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- outline their role
- appreciate the risk posed by fire and the unique nature of fire and smoke damage
- understand basic fire safety principles
- outline the common causes of fire
- recognise different types of extinguisher and how to use them
- understand the classification of fire
- recognise the importance of effective fire evacuation procedures.
- understand what is expected of them when the fire alarm is activated
- be confident in the practical use of fire extinguishers – this session provides each delegate with the opportunity to use various types of extinguishers.
Apply for this training