Reporting a Covid-19 concern about a business

If you believe a business or premises in Reading is not adhering to Covid-19 guidance/regulations (‘Covid secure’), please contact the council by emailing: or call: 0118 937 2707

Before doing so, please read the government business guidance for the business type you wish to report and identify where you consider the business is not complying with government guidance.

Enforcement powers on wearing a face covering

We do not have any enforcement powers to make people wear face coverings in shops and takeaways. The police have been given these powers. You can report your concerns to Thames Valley Police using their online coronavirus page.

Please note point 3 on government guidelines on when a person does not need to wear a face covering.