To achieve Bronze
You must answer yes to the following:
- Is your property free of Cat 1 and high Cat 2 hazards?
- Have you in place gas and electrical safety certificates?
- Have you an EPC certificate?
- Is there a written tenancy agreement in place?
- Are the tenants’ deposits protected?
- Do you issue a How to Rent guide?
- Are Right to Rent checks carried out?
- Are fire/heat/carbon monoxide alarms fitted and checked annually?
- Do you meet the fit and proper person test?
To become a member of the RRWC Scheme, the landlord must have:
- No conviction for illegal eviction or harassment of tenants in the last 7 years.
- No conviction for violence towards any persons in the last 7 years.
- No conviction for mortgage, Housing Benefit or Council Tax fraud or breach of grant conditions within the last 3 years.
- No failings to comply with any statutory notice or Housing in Multiple Occupation requirements resulting in prosecution or works being carried out in default in the last 3 years.
- No breaches of any laws relating to housing, public health or environmental health which would indicate the unsuitability of the applicant under the scheme.
- No conviction for non-compliance of a Planning Enforcement Notice relating to a residential property within the last 3 years.
- No practices of unlawful discrimination on the grounds of sex, colour, race, ethnic or national origins or disability.
- No other convictions which would indicate the unsuitability of the applicant under the scheme.
- Do you Comply with HMO Management Regs?
- Do you Comply with Consumer Protection Regs?
- Do you consider all tenant applications?
- Is the required Landlord Insurance in place?
To achieve Silver
You must comply with all of Bronze and answer yes to;
- Does your property meet the Decent Homes Standard (Criterion C & D).
- Have you in place a procedure for Regular Recorded property inspections
- Have you in place a procedure for Target Response Times.
- Have you in place a procedure for written check-in and check-outs
- Are all furnishings & fittings in good condition and working order
To achieve Gold
You must comply with all of Bronze and Silver and answer yes to
- Are you a member of a Landlord Accreditation/Association Scheme?
- Has the property been modernised and in very good decorative repair?
- Do you offer long–term tenancies when or if available?
To achieve Platinum
You must comply with all of Bronze, Silver and Gold and answer yes to
- Is your property in excellent condition?
- Do you display high levels of management for tenants and properties?