Repairs and maintenance

You should always report disrepair to your landlord/managing agent. You can find advice and a template letter to help you do this on the Shelter website.

If you have contacted your landlord about a problem or hazard in your home and they have done nothing about it, we may be able to help. You could also contact Shelter, Citizens Advice or the Deposit Guarantee Scheme if you use the service. You should never stop paying your rent as a protest.

Damp and mould

pdf icon Damp and mould in the home [81kb]


Contact us and we will be in touch within five working days - sooner in an emergency - and might visit you to look at the problem. 

We use the Housing Health and Safety Rating System to assess hazards in your home. Hazards are identified as either serious (category 1) or less serious (category 2). Shelter offer details on the Housing Health and Safety Rating System.

Advisory leaflets

pdf icon Asbestos [144kb]

pdf icon Filthy and Verminous Properties [110kb]

pdf icon Housing Repairs in Private Rented Properties [140kb]

pdf icon Inspecting Your Property [127kb]

pdf icon Lead Pipes [115kb]

pdf icon Utility Disconnections [115kb]


Switch To High Contrast Mode