Permit management rules
- Each household will be eligible for 2 permits within a permit zone.
- 1st permits will have a charge of £40
- 2nd permits will have a charge of £150.
- Permits will only be issued to domestic vehicles, no commercial vehicles
- Every household will be entitled to 40 visitor permits (1 book = 20 half-days) free of charge.
- All permits will be in half day units
- Each household will be entitled to 100 visitor permits (5 books = 100 half-days) at a charge of £25 per book (20 permits per book)
- Further books are available on request.
- Every business within a permit zone will be eligible for 1 business permit.
- The permit will cost the business £275
- Business will be able to purchase up to 100 visitor permits.
- Community Agencies can purchase unlimited amount of visitor permits.
Parking provisions for non-permit holders
All zones will have designated areas of “limited waiting” parking for non-permit holders between 10am and 4pm Monday to Sunday for 2 hours with no return within 4 hours.
- Each application will be dealt with on their own merits.
- Discretionary applications for businesses will have an application charge of £50; this may be refunded if the application is granted; Businesses include: Tradespersons, Landlords, Nannies and Businesses.
- Discretionary Permits for businesses will have a charge of £330 (the £50 application charge can be deducted from this charge).
- The following groups of non-business discretionary permit application will have a first permit £40 charge; Healthcare Professionals, Teachers, Residents, & Medical Practitioner. A second permit charge of £150 will be charged for Residents (which is in line with resident permits).
- Any household which is granted, on a discretionary basis, a 3rd Residents Permit will have a charge of £300.
- The following groups will be issued with free permits: Carers (first and second) and first permits for Charities (including Community Agency)
- The following groups will have second permit fee of £120: Charities, Community Agencies.
- Discretionary visitor permit (scratch-cards) books may be charged the same as visitor permits books. A discretionary visitor parking permit will be charged at £150.
- Foreign vehicles will have a permit for a maximum of 6 months. There will be a charge of £330. Foreign vehicles will not be able to renew
- Emergency Cover permit available in exceptional circumstances, valid for one week, charged at £30
- Daily Tradesperson and Landlord permits available by online applications, charged at £7.50 per day, maximum 30 per year, per vehicle
- Daily Tradesperson and Landlord permits available by post (in person at Civic Offices for tradesperson), charged at £10 per day, maximum of 30 per year, per vehicle.after 6 months unless proof the vehicle has been registered with the DVLA.