Student parking permits

If you are a student at University of Reading or Reading College and decide to bring a vehicle with you, you must provide the following information in order to obtain a residents parking permit:

Proof of vehicle ownership: vehicle must be registered at the permit address.

The DVLA logbook and insurance certificate/schedule showing name, address and vehicle registration.

  • DVLA registration document (V5C)
  • Current insurance certificate/schedule

If your vehicle is registered at another address (such as your parents’ address), you must change it to show the Reading permit address. If you cannot provide the correct proof of vehicle ownership, you can apply for a discretionary permit, however, you must be able to explain why the vehicle is registered elsewhere.

Proof of residency: showing your name, permit address and dated within the last 4 months

  • Bank statement
  • Credit card bill/store card statement
  • Gas/electric/telephone bill (mobile bills excluded)
  • Current Council Tax bill