Deadline for applications for reception classes (children born between 01/09/13 and 31/08/14) is 15 January 2018

Help with parenting

Parenting service

We run a range of courses to help you develop your parenting skills, covering ages from birth through to adolescence. To access parenting support, contact your local Children's Action Team (CAT), speak to a member of staff at your local Children's Centre or email us.

Find your local Children's Action Team

Children's centres

Find your nearest children's centre, or search for an activity near you.


Visit our disability information page to see how we can support you with your childcare.

Problems at school

Speak to the school if your child is struggling with their work, or if you cannot get them to attend. You should contact us if the problem continues.

School attendance

Mental health

Contact us or find a counselling service if you are worried about your child's mental health. Time to Talk is a free counselling service if they need someone to talk to.

Problems with drugs and the law

We will support you if your child is in trouble with the police. If they get into trouble locally but the police are not involved, you can contact us for advice.

Contact our drug support team if you need advice. 

Switch To High Contrast Mode