Reading Borough Council are hugely grateful to Adult Social Care Providers for the support they have continued to deliver to our residents during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have worked alongside providers to maintain services and resolve issues, ensuring continuity of service to our most vulnerable people. Providers have been honest and transparent about the challenges they have faced and maintained open communications with the Council which has proven invaluable.
The Adult Social Care Commissioning Team have supported providers in a number of ways:
In terms of financial support for providers the Council and Clinical Commissioning Group has:
In line with the information referenced above please note below further details of financial support for providers whom we do and do not have contracts with.
|Domicillary care||Residential care(*)||Other provision (**)||Total spent* so far on supporting Providers that Reading Borough Council has contracts with in response to COVID-19||Comments|
|Support being offered||£46,611||£170,511||£68,390||Covid-19 Lump Sum|
|£88,000||Day services Providers have been paid their usual fees for April, May and June regardless of the level of service they have been able to deliver due to social distancing restrictions|
|£22,000||Cost of Personal Protective Equipment|
* incl. Nursing Homes
** incl. Supported Living, Extra Care, Day Services
|Domicillary care||Residential care||Other provision||Total spent* so far on supporting Providers that Reading Borough Council has contracts with in response to COVID-19||Comments|
|Support being offered||0||0||£140,000||0||Day services Providers (usually paid via a Direct Payment) have been paid their usual fees for April, May and June regardless of the level of service they have been able to deliver due to social distancing restrictions|
|£3,000||Cost of Personal Protective Equipment|
Going forward £600 million infection control funding has been announced by the Government which is linked to the completion and approval of a Care Home Support Plan and template pulling information from the NHS Capacity Tracker. Providers are expected to regularly update the Capacity Tracker and failure to do so could result in monies not being received. Reading’s share of the funding is £1.169m, of which 75% will be passed directly to providers on a “by-bed” basis (totaling £0.877m when spread across 842 beds) leaving a remainder of 25% / £0.292m to be allocated based on need and we will ensure that the grant conditions are adhered to.
A first draft version of the Care Home Support Plan and associated template for Reading can be found here:
These have been produced in conjunction with Health & Social Care Partners across the System. These are now subject to an assurance process before being approved.
We work with approved suppliers to provide care for those who need it.