Sensory needs services

If you or the person you care for is deaf, deafblind, hard of hearing, blind, or visually impaired contact the Sensory Needs Team.

A Sensory Needs Rehabilitation Officer will arrange to visit you at home to carry out a specialist assessment to see what help you need to help you cope with a sensory disability.

Depending on the outcome of this assessment they may:

  • offer practical tips, advice and information
  • provide specialist equipment to help you maintain your independence
  • offer specialist training
  • tell you about specialist support groups
  • advise you on how to register your sensory loss with the local authority and on the benefits of being registered.

If you have other care and support needs they may support you through the assessment process.

For more information call on 0118 937 3747 or email

Last updated on 05/05/2021