NHS help with care costs

If you need ongoing care and support from both health and social care professionals as a result of disability, accident or illness you may be able to get NHS continuing healthcare. This could cover care in your own home or in a nursing home.

You may qualify for NHS-funded nursing care if you live in a care home that is registered to provide nursing care and you don’t qualify for NHS continuing healthcare, but you have been assessed as needing care from a registered nurse.

The NHS makes those payments directly to your care home to fund care from registered nurses who are usually employed by the care home.

More information:

Last updated on 26/09/2022