Mental health

If someone you know is in immediate danger of taking their life, dial 999.

Crisis support

Visit the Berkshire Mental Health Crisis Team website.

Local support

If you are struggling with depression or any mental health issue, you could:

Mental Health Social Care Service

A council team of mental health social workers provide support to adults living in Reading with mental health issues who have care and support needs. They support people in the community whether they have just become ill, have a short-term illness or need on-going support. They give practical help with a person’s social care needs alongside their mental health needs. This may include helping people after they have been discharged from hospital, helping to manage risks, or helping with practical issues like housing and financial problems. They also provide general support and advice to people and their carers.

You can refer yourself or someone else to the team by calling the Contact Centre on 0118 937 3747.

Information, advice and support

Finding mental health services in Reading

Information and support for people living with a mental health problem and their carers

Last updated on 20/12/2023