Smoking not only harms your health and the health of those around you, but it is also expensive. Something we are all concerned about with the rising cost of living.
Smokefreelife Berkshire offers the free Quit with Bella app. The NHS also has a free NHS app.
Benefits of quitting
- You will save money. For example, a 20-a-day smoker who quits smoking can expect to save in the region of £3,830 per year, that’s just over £19,000 over five years! (Based on an average price of £10.50 for a packet of 20).
- You will be more likely to live longer and stay well: half of all long-term smokers die early of a smoking-related disease.
- You will have better all-round health: stopping smoking reduces the risk of 50 different illnesses and conditions.
- Your risk of heart attack will drop by a half one year after quitting.
- Your risk of cancer will fall.
Free, confidential stop smoking service provided by Solutions4Health.
Get in contact
Telephone Number: 0800 622 6360 OR 0118 449 2026
Text QUIT to 66777
E-Cigarettes and vapes
E-cigarettes (or vapes) are far less harmful than cigarettes. They can help you quit smoking tobacco for good. You will not get the full benefit from vaping unless you stop smoking cigarettes completely. Using e-cigarettes to stop smoking – NHS (www.nhs.uk)