Paying Housing Benefit

Private and Housing Association tenants

We pay Housing Benefit to private tenants four weekly in arrears by BACS. We no longer pay by cheque. If you need to tell us about a change to the BACS details we hold, please complete this form.

Council tenants

Housing Benefit will be credited onto your rent account in advance each week.

Viewing your payments

You can view details of next and past payments by logging into your online account.

Last updated on 18/06/2024