Support for Universal Credit claimants

Citizens Advice Reading

They can help you to:

  • set up your Universal Credit account
  • complete your claim to dos
  • verify your identity
  • make sure you’re providing the right evidence to the Jobcentre
  • understand what Universal Credit will mean for you

You can call Citizens Advice Reading on 0800 144 8 444 or visit them Monday 10am to 12.30pm and 1pm to 4pm, Tuesday 10am to 12.30pm and Wednesday 1pm to 4pm, their address is Citizens Advice Reading, Minster Street, Reading RG1 2JB.

Our debt advice team can offer personal budgeting support to anyone claiming Universal Credit.

Other support

If you are a Council tenant, or you rent a property in Reading and your landlord has taken action to evict you, contact the Debt Advice Team on 0118 937 2197. We will be able to help you to make sure your Universal Credit claim is correct, and give you advice on managing your budget and discuss your debt options to prevent your situation getting worse.

Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit


Get Online Reading

Food parcels

Readifood – you will need to be referred to Readifood by either your work coach at Reading Job Centre Plus, a member of our Debt Advice Team, your landlord or any of the support agencies.

Please make sure you discuss any food allergies and how long you think you’ll need the help for.

Last updated on 28/02/2020