Home contents insurance

As a Reading Borough Council tenant, we do not cover your contents as part of the tenancy agreement.

It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for so you can decide if you need one.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen. Home contents insurance can give you peace of mind.

As a provider of home contents insurance, we recommend Crystal Insurance Scheme, a specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policy, they offer a contents calculator to work out the value of your home contents.

The Crystal Insurance Scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home, including cover for items such as:

  • furniture
  • carpets
  • curtains
  • clothes
  • bedding
  • electrical items
  • jewellery
  • pictures
  • ornaments

You can also obtain cover through Crystal Insurance Scheme for damage to external double glazing which you are responsible for, as well as the replacement and installation of locks for outside doors or windows if your keys are lost or stolen.

If you have further queries regarding Crystal Insurance Scheme home contents insurance, call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7286.

Last updated on 30/05/2024