Notice, permissions and complaints (section 4)

This page provides information about served notices, obtaining permissions, and sending complaints.

4.1 Any notice we serve on you will be valid if we:

  • deliver it to you personally
  • leave it at, or post it to, your home address and/or, if different, your last known address
  • give it to you in line with an order made by the court

4.2 The address for serving of any Notice (including Notices in legal proceedings) on us or any other correspondence is:

Reading Borough Council
Civic Offices
Bridge Street

Email: H&
Telephone: 0118 937 2161

4.3 You need our written permission to make any improvements or changes to your home, run a business from home, and various other activities. Any consent given, other than in writing, will be considered as not given for the purposes of your agreement.

If you are an Introductory tenant, you do not have the right to make alterations, additions or improvements to your home.

4.4 Complaints are important to us. We want your feedback so we can change what we can to improve our service.

Last updated on 29/05/2024