Reason for Local lettings plan
- To help achieve balanced communities and support greater community cohesion and sustainability; in doing so contribute to making the area an even better place to live, work and visit.
- Meet the requirements of the Reading Home Choice Common Allocations Policy & Stonewater’s Allocations Policy to ensure allocations are made to suitable applicants
- Ensure that current and future residents feel safe and content in their homes
- Make the best use of housing stock
- Reduce unnecessary turnover and potential refusals of properties
- To give opportunities to those who are economically active and have restricted housing options.
- We have an Access to Housing Policy and as part of this an eligibility criteria where we have set out reasons why we may not select an applicant from a LA register for a particular scheme
- In order to make best use of affordable, housing priority will be given to people under occupying social housing
- Aim to allocate 50% of the properties to residents who are economically active and working either full time or part time and not wholly reliant on benefits
- Minimise the need for transfers by allocating properties to accommodate existing family growth
- We reserve the right to exclude any applicant with a housing related debt (where there is no agreement in place to clear the debt) or an outstanding notice for any breaches of tenancy with a registered social landlord may be excluded.
- We reserve the right to exclude any applicant with a current or history of substance or alcohol misuse within the last 3 years
- All applicants will be assessed to ensure they meet Stonewater’s affordability criteria and will be subject to a credit check
- The local lettings plan will be flexible and non-discriminatory
Duration of local lettings plan
First and subsequent relets for a period of 3 years