The cemetery situated in Victoria Road, Caversham, is designated as a local wildlife site and is home to numerous badger sets and other wildlife.
Henley Road Cemetery and Crematorium is a 22 hectare site. It serves Reading as its only crematorium and main cemetery. Reading Crematorium was established in 1932, with the first cremation taking place on 13th August 1932. Henley Road Cemetery was opened in 1923. The first burial on the site was on 1st November 1927.
Reading has one of England’s oldest garden cemeteries and is listed as Grade II by English Heritage. The Cemetery was opened in 1843 by The Reading Cemetery Company. There are 18,327 graves spaces and the site covers 4.7 hectares. There are many memorials in the cemetery belonging to some of the most historically noteworthy Reading residents during the 1840s to 1970s.