Children and education

Children in employment

If you want to employ a child, you may need to apply for a work permit for them. You can only employ children of 13 or over. Find out more on the Children in employment page.

Adult learning

Find our about New Directions college and get information on care training including training in children's services and adult care training.

Special educational needs and disabilities

Find out about support for children and young people (up to the age of 25) who have special educational needs or disabilities (SEND).

Public health and well-being

Get information on drugs and alcohol, staying warm in winter, the NHS, well-being, sport and leisure and guide to health services.

Care leavers

If you have been in care for 13 weeks without a break and are in care on or after your 16th birthday, you have the right to various services. Find out what support you can get.