Karen Anderson and Lynda Beddow
Staff undertaking moving and positioning of people.
Foundation: for staff who have not previously attended training
Refresher: annual refresher required for RBC staff & recommended for others
- Identify the impact legislation has on their working practices and that of others.
- Relate the principles of manual handling to the biomechanics of the spine.
- Recognise by use of a simple risk assessment tool, situations where an injury is likely to be sustained.
- Adopt a problem solving approach to reduce risks.
- Recognise unsafe and poor moving and handling techniques.
- Perform the moving and handling techniques and use the equipment demonstrated on the course.
- Work within policy guidelines
The cost is £33 per delegate to attend and they will be invoiced after attending the course. There is a charge of £75 for any non-attendance without notification unless there are mitigating circumstances.
Apply for this training