Help with parenting

Parenting services

Brighter Futures for Children offer a range of programmes for parents of children from birth to teenagers to support parents in developing their parenting skills further.

Children’s centres

Find your nearest children’s centre.


Visit our disability information page to see how we can support you with your childcare.

Problems at school

Speak to the school if your child is struggling with their work, or if you cannot get them to attend. You should email us if the problem continues.

School attendance

Mental health

Contact us or find a advice service if you are worried about your child’s mental health. Adviza is a free counselling service if they need someone to talk to.

Problems with drugs and the law

We will support you if your child is in trouble with the police. If they get into trouble locally, but not with the police, you can email us for advice.

Contact our drug support team if you need advice.