Domestic abuse

If you feel you are in immediate danger, call 999.

If you situation is not urgent, call the police on 101 or contact the Berkshire Women’s Aid on their helpline on 0808 801 0882 or by email at .

Reading Borough Council has a legal duty to ensure that as tenant, if you are a victim of domestic abuse, you and your children (if you have any) can live safely in their home. You talk to your Housing Officer or a professional that you are working with if you believe this is not the case. If you are at risk from a partner, either current or previous, you can obtain help from Berkshire Women’s Aid who can work with you to assess your options and advise professionals working with you on the best next steps.

For more information, visit: Berkshire Women’s Aid

Last updated on 30/05/2024