Dangerous structures and demolition

Dangerous structures

Report dangerous structures to building.control@reading.gov.uk

Demolition work

If the building you want to demolish is less than 50 cubic metres you do not need to give us notice.

If it is larger, you must give us six weeks’ notice by sending us a Section 80 Demolition Notice.

Gov.uk gives advice for carrying out building work when there are party walls, boundary walls and excavations near neighbouring buildings in its Party Wall guidance web page.

Last updated on 01/12/2022