Services for disabled people

If you have hearing or speech difficulties or you need assistance in getting in touch with council services, you can use the free Text Relay service to make a text relay call. You need to dial 18001 followed by the telephone number of the person/council service you are calling. To use text relay on a smartphone or computer you need to download the free app from or from a marketplace such as Google Play or the App Store.

Advice for carers

Find out about help we, and other agencies, offer carers.

Care charges

Basic facts about paying for care, NHS help with care costs, information for self-funders, finding financial advice on paying for care and help with care costs while living at home.

Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)

Find out about support for children and young people (up to the age of 25) who have special educational needs or disabilities (SEND).

Disabled spaces in car parks

Find out the location and payment details of disabled spaces in car parks.

Help living at home

Find out about assistive technology, help with costs, home care, personal assistants, supported living and the Shared Lives Scheme.

Adult and carers support services

Find advice, care and support services, along with a range of social groups and leisure activities to help you stay independent and involved in the community.

Disabled Facilities Grant

Read about what works can be covered by the grant, how much the grant could be and how to apply.

Disabled parking boxes

Find out how to apply for a disabled parking box.


Discover events that may help you get out and about, meeting new people.

Accessibility statement

Accessibility statement for

Access and disabilities working group

Browse the group's meetings and agendas.

Technology Enabled Care

Find out the various types of assistive technology available to help people live independently for longer.

Disability bus passes

Discover who can get a disability bus pass and how to apply.


This is the dial-a-ride bus service for people with restricted mobility in and around Reading.