In order to promote openness and transparency, the Government has recommended that all Local Authorities publish a number of key datasets. A list of these datasets including an overview of what they should include is available to view in the Department for Communities and Local Government’s Local Government Transparency Code 2015.
Below is an abstract from the Council’s main publication scheme, focusing on those data sets listed in the code.
- What we spend and how we spend it
- Who we are and what we do
- List and registers
What we spend and how we spend it
- Expenditure exceeding £500
- Grant payments to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations
- Procurement information
Reading Borough Council do not use government procurement cards.
Who we are and what we do
- Constitution of the council
- Senior officer structure
- Pay policy statement
- Senior salaries
- Parking accounts
- Parking spaces:
- Car parks and off-street parking
- On-street parking
- Trade Union facility time
List and registers
- Local authority land and property assets
- Social Housing Asset Data – 2021
*up to date information to follow