order to be eligible for an ‘Access Pass’, the applicant must meet ONE of the
following criteria from either Automatic entitlement or Non-Automatic
Automatic entitlement, the applicant must be able to provide proof of their
eligibility, by supplying the appropriate evidence, as marked in brackets.
For Non-automatic entitlement (and when applying for a companion entitlement), eligibility must be certified by an independent medical professional (such as a Doctor). Download and complete the C2 assessment form and take it to your doctor to sign. You must then upload it when you make your online application.
If you are applying for companion entitlement, this must be certified by an independent medical professional on the form. Download and complete the C3 assessment form and take it to your doctor to sign. You must then upload it when you make your online application.
Medical information (for Access and Access Companion Pass)
- Award Notice letter from Disability & Carers service showing High Rate Mobility component of disability living allowance
- is in receipt of a Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and scores at least 8 points under the classifications of “Moving Around” or “Communicating Verbally” and provides a current award notice letter from the DWP (Department of Works & Pensions).
- Award Letter from Service Personnel and Veterans Agency showing receipt of War Pensions Mobility Supplement
- Disabled persons badge
- Certificate of Vision Impairment
- Report from Aural specialist or registration with local authority social services department confirming profound or severely deaf
If none of the above –
- is without speech, in any language.
- has a disability, or has suffered an injury, which has a substantial and long term adverse effect on their ability to walk.
- does not have arms or has long-term loss of the use of both arms.
- has a learning disability, that is, a state of arrested or incomplete development of mind which includes significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning.
- would be refused a license to drive a motor vehicle, on grounds other than persistent misuse of drugs or alcohol.