We are changing how we operate services through the Council’s main reception area at the Civic Offices on Bridge Street, Reading RG1 2LU.
From July 19th 2021, customers will need to make an appointment before coming to the Civic Offices to speak to a member of staff face to face. We will no longer be able to accept ‘walk-ins’ where customers arrive without an appointment, except in an emergency.
If you are homeless, think that you may be threatened with homelessness, or have a housing concern we request that you contact us as soon as possible using the contact details below. If you reach our voicemail when you call, please leave a message and a member of the team will call you back the same day.
How to contact us:
9am to 5pm – firstname.lastname@example.org or 0118 9372165
- If you are currently working with your housing officer, we ask that you contact them directly.
- If you have accessed our service and have been made an appointment, this will be carried out over the telephone, therefore please ensure that your phone has enough charge and that you are in a private location in order to receive the call at the allocated time to discuss your housing situation
- If you would like to provide any supporting information, or you are requested to provide documents during this time we will accept a photo or scanned copy of the document, which can be emailed to us at email@example.com – please be advised that this will need to clear and legible
- If you are calling after 5pm when housing advice are closed, and you have nowhere to sleep tonight you may contact an out of hours team on 01344786543 this service is only for emergencies that occur after 5pm and before 9am & Bank holidays. Calls to this number will not be taken between the hours 9am – 5pm.
- If you are fleeing violence or harassment and you are in immediate danger, please call 999 for help.