Resident 1st and 2nd permits

A maximum of two permits are issued to each household in streets designated as within residents’ parking zones. A household is a house or flat in a permit parking zone that is registered for Council Tax, has the right planning permissions, and does not have a planning condition and/or informative. Residents may be asked to prove appropriate planning consents.

  • Households that have a planning decision with a planning informative/condition means no entitlement to resident/visitor permits
  • Households in a property that has a certificate of lawful use may only be considered for 2 resident permits for the whole development, for example, household converted into 11 households would only have 2 permits issued between them.
  • Households that have no planning permission are not entitled to resident/visitor permits.

Please check that your household is included in the Parking Zones.

Commercial vehicles are not eligible for resident permits. Vehicle must be below 5.3 metres long and/or 2.25 metres high.

It’s up to you to decide who will apply for the first and who will apply for the second permit. If more than one person applies for the first permit it could delay the permits being issued.


1st permit: £48
2nd permit: £180

For a full list of the permit scheme rules/definitions please visit

Proof of residence

You need to provide one proof of residency. It needs to show the name and address of resident, dated within last 4 months:

  • bank statement
  • credit card bill/store card statement
  • gas/electricity/water/telephone bill (mobile phone bills excluded)
  • current Council Tax bill

Proof of ownership of the vehicle

If you own the vehicle, provide one proof of ownership. The document must show your name, address and vehicle registration. This can be a current insurance document or a DVLA registration document (V5C).

If you are not the owner of the vehicle (for example, it is a company, lease or rented vehicle), you will need to provide both the following documents:

  • a letter from your employer on headed paper or a copy of the lease, showing your name, address and the vehicle registration
  • a current insurance document to show you are insured to use the vehicle
Last updated on 01/04/2024