Improve your home

Learn how to improve your home with disability grants, other grants and loans, energy efficiency and keeping cool in hot weather.

Find a home

Advice on registering for housing, sheltered housing, swapping your home and help to buy a home.


Get help and advice if you are homeless or at risk of losing your home, find out about the Homelessness Reduction Act and various duties.

Private renting

Find out about the Rent with Confidence Scheme, the Deposit Protection Scheme, Right to Rent, illegal evictions and other information.

Council homes

Tenancy information and paying your rent, repairs, council garages, right to buy and anti-social behaviour.


Find out what to do if you have problems with blocked drains.

Self build

Reading Council is required to keepĀ a register of people wishing to build their own homes. Add yourself to the Self Build Register.

Rough sleeping

Get help and support with rough sleeping and report a concern.

Money Matters: cost of living advice and support

Get help and advice if you are struggling to pay your rent, council tax, mortgage, or if you have lost your job and need some advice.

Homes for Reading

Homes for Reading Limited is a professional and responsible private residential landlord wholly owned by Reading Borough Council.

Home Upgrade Grant 2 (HUG2)

The Home Upgrade Grant 2 is a government funded scheme aiming to improve energy efficiency in homes. Check if you are eligible and apply online.